Emergency Response Planning
Making sure you’re ready for any size emergency
The single most important thing you can do to survive an emergency is have a plan. Whether it’s a power outage, a storm, or another unpredictable emergency, having an pre-established action plan makes all the difference.
If you haven’t yet completed an Emergency Planning Assessment with us, it’s time. You can request an Emergency Planning Assessment, during which the FM360 team will work with you to develop and implement an emergency action plan.
Cities across the country are struggling with aging infrastructure, and weather patterns continue to be unpredictable. These realities mean facilities are more vulnerable than ever to emergencies regarding power, flooding, fire or other types of building damage.
Emergencies can cause a significant hit to your bottom line, and in the case of the downtown Toledo power outage in June 2019, the costs to the business owners in lost productivity is still being calculated months later.
Having an emergency action plan means being prepared and protected against the worst effects of a calamity. It also means knowing exactly what to do to begin the recovery process, after an emergency has occurred.
The Emergency Planning Assessment includes:
- Identifying a spokesperson and contact information;
- Reviewing the physical facility to understand the layout and structure;
- Keeping a set of facility drawings and its internal structure on file with your emergency response partner;
- Identifying your safety systems and who is responsible for maintaining them;
- Reviewing your entire operation to understand “hot buttons” such as security and others;
- Identify utility shutoffs and who “owns” and responds in case of emergency.
With an FM360 emergency plan in place you make one call, and we immediately spring into action on your behalf—24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The biggest hurdle to your peace of mind is waiting until it’s too late. Advance emergency planning is the key to limiting the damage and restoring order to your business environment as fast as possible.
The goal of advance planning:
- To keep you up and running with little-to-no disruption, in spite of your emergency situation;
- To understand your facility and occupant use such that accurate budgeting for reconstruction can occur;
- Establish a working relationship with your insurance company so they are not a roadblock to restoring and resuming normal operations;
- To stabilize your facility’s physical and operating systems, keeping employees, visitors, patients or customers are out of harm’s way.
The FM360 Emergency Response Service Team is experienced and dedicated to ensuring our customers are able to return to normal operations as fast as possible. Request an Emergency Planning Assessment now now, and know that if an emergency happens, you’re one phone call away from having an expert team take care of the situation.
To schedule your assessment or for other questions related to this topic,
please contact us at: 866.720.2700 or email@example.com.