Case Study: Section of Hollywood Casino Becomes New Sports-Betting Facility
When Ohio recently approved sports betting, Hollywood Casino Toledo in northwest Ohio recognized the opportunity to add yet another winning experience to their already exciting entertainment venue, but they had to move quickly to remain competitive. The casino decided to transform an existing space into the new Barstool Sportsbook, a sports-betting facility that would provide patrons with an exciting yet comfortable experience to spend their entertainment dollars.
Rudolph Libbe Group’s (RLG) family of companies was chosen to bring the Barstool Sportsbook vision to life, and took on the challenge of converting the original space with a tight 21-week timeline. RLG’s dedication and proven track record in quality, safety, and efficiency played a crucial role in overcoming the project’s many complexities.
“The thing that stands out the most to me about working with the Rudolph Libbe Group is that they really focus on putting together a plan for accomplishing the project’s goals and communicating that to the entire team. The people on this project were among the best I’ve seen at being very proactive in problem solving.”
— Joshua Holden
Director of Design & Construction
Coordination and Collaboration Key to Success
One of the most significant assets RLG brought to this challenging project was access to every necessary resource needed to complete the job, via the RLG family of companies:
- The project was expertly coordinated by Rudolph Libbe Inc. (RLI), who planned, managed and oversaw the entire job. (RLI is the full-service construction company of Rudolph Libbe Group). Thanks to decades of experience, RLI achieved the unprecedented level of communication required to accomplish this ambitious project.
- GEM Inc. (the specialty trades company of Rudolph Libbe Group) performed electrical, fire alarm, HVAC, plumbing and steel installation work and also assisted in the communications/ audio visual and surveillance equipment installations.
- GEM Service (the facility service division of Rudolph Libbe Group) is installing a state-of-the-art controls automation system, allowing the casino staff to remotely monitor the entire building including heating, ventilation and air conditioning as well as boilers, lighting and the fire system.
- RLG also brought in trusted vendor partners from the region, including Lakeside Interiors (framing, drywall, ceilings, paint, wall coverings and flooring); Accel Fire Protection (sprinklers); and Toledo Sign (signage). Contractors from Pennsylvania that had specific experience in building other Barstool Sportsbook venues also worked on the project.
Thanks to careful planning, expert coordination and precise execution, the Barstool Sportsbook emerged as an inviting space that merges the excitement of sports betting with the comfort of a high-end entertainment venue. The integration of design and functionality created an engaging atmosphere, enticing patrons to fully immerse themselves in the experience.
Several unique features that can’t be found elsewhere in the region include the premium craftsmanship of the bar area, evoking the feel of a high-end gaming establishment; plus custom ironwork throughout, mimicking the bleachers found in a typical sports setting.
- Complete safety at all times
- No interference in the Casino’s other operations
- 242-person capacity facility with over 10,000 square feet of gaming action
- Full dining menu
- Three betting windows
- Five betting kiosks
- More than 40 television screens, highlighted by an 8×24 foot, two-sided Jumbotron comprised of 392 individual LED modules
- High-capacity bar with 48 brands of liquor and 24 beers on tap
- Thirteen bar-top gaming machines
- VIP dining area and VIP lounge
- The addition of various regional sports team memorabilia
What It Means for You
Your project, no matter how big or small, is critical to your business. A project like this one demonstrates RLG’s ability to meet your needs from start to finish, in a way that respects your goals, timeline and budget. Offering a full suite of multi-disciplinary companies with decades of experience to handle any aspect of your physical operation, you can completely trust the Rudolph Libbe Group family of companies to deliver for you.
To contact a construction or facilities expert,
simply call 419.241.5000 or email email@example.com.